May 20, 2020
ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH – The St. John the Baptist Parish Long Term Recovery Group, established in 2012 following Hurricane Isaac and present during the 2016 tornado emergency, has reactivated to aid the community during the Coronavirus pandemic.
The group, which recently changed its name to the St. John Recovery Group, is composed of faith-based agencies, St. John Parish Government, non-profit agencies and support organizations with a goal of providing coordinated management of recovery resources for individuals affected by the crisis and for ongoing resources within voluntary agencies. The St. John United Way serves as the fiscal agent.
Through a generous donation from Nalco/Ecolab, $42,000 in funding is available for COVID-19 relief efforts in which the award amount is $500 per household. Residents can download an application at sjbparish.com and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. ALICE individuals (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) are considered first priority.
• Applicant must have not previously been awarded a St. John United Way COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant.
• Applicant must earn a household income at or below $61,000.
• Applicant must reside in St. John the Baptist Parish.
• Applicant submitting the application must have work(ed) in Louisiana between Feb 1, 2020 and date of application.
• Applicant must be experiencing financial emergency as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Additional documentation required for submission is a copy of the of applicant’s 2018 or 2019 1040/1040EZ Federal Tax Return, Residence Eligibility, Paystub with employer’s name and days worked between data of application or COVID-19 separation letter from employer.
For more information and submission requirements, visit sjbparish.com and click on the “” St. John Recovery Group Award Application” link.
The St. John Recovery Group will continue to update the community as resources are allocated and information is received.